We DO NOT meet as a staff this week. Our next Staff PD is November 7th.
Number Talks Resources:
- Study what makes strong phonics instruction
- Learn more about instructional practices that support learning and transfer of skills into reading and writing
- Analyze two possible resources for alignment to our beliefs/knowledge
- Test out sample lessons in our classrooms
- Offer insight, feedback and recommendations to the Learning and Innovation Team
There are many amazing students, families and staff who support us each and every day. Use this link to submit nominations for your colleagues, staff, students, parents, volunteers, and community partners.
Staff Meeting time Survey:
Thank you for completing the staff meeting start/end time survey. The majority voted to begin at 1:40. Unless you have duty, I will expect you to be in room 23 at 1:40 (at our upcoming staff meetings).
- We will be performing a school-wide stomp on Monday, Nov. 5th to practice for our E.A.G.L.E Academy kickoff.
- To ensure your class is prepared, see the link below for the tutorial. Feel free to use this as your PE minutes.
- When watching the video, stop watching at minute 2:04.
TC Test Prep Unit/Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments Grades 3-6:
I feel like we always get to March and think, I wish I began using the Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments (or this past year) the TC Test Prep Unit much earlier in the year. Here is your reminder to think about how you might use these resources/ provide access to our students more strategically earlier this school year. Let me know if you have any questions/need support accessing these tools.
- INTERIM ASSESSMENT ROSTERS– Rosters have been updated for the current year. Here is the link to the Interim Assessment User Guide.
- PLEASE complete all Interim Assessments by Spring Break. Do not use Interim Assessments after Spring Break as test prep. Use the practice and training test for test prep.
- PLEASE submit a work order for ANY technical issues you experience at all, and please try to include as much information as possible.
- WAYS TO BUILD IN TEST PREP THROUGHOUT THE YEAR-
- Reading marathons in between units- 60-70 minutes of online reading
- Maintain workshop structures every day, even during test prep
- Volume of texts at just-right level
- Model and foster rereading
- Practice getting “the gist” all the time
- Genre matters, approach each one differently and teach the strategies
- Reflect- During read aloud, are the questions I am asking reflective of test-like questions using academic vocabulary?
- RFEP Forms Due Oct 25
- Report Cards Home Oct 26
- Costume Parade Oct 31
- Red Ribbon Week Oct 29-Nov 2
- SBUSD Trustees Visit Emory classrooms- Nov 1
- Fall Carnival- Nov 2
- Field Trip Calendar Updated by Nov 2
- Christine Ikin TC gr 3-6-Nov 7,8,9
- Emory Presentation at SBUSD Board Mtg-Nov 8
- Soaring to Success-Respect-Nov 13 (Tuesday)
- Emory E.A.G.L.E Kick Off Assembly Nov 15
Quote of the Week: