Welcome Back!!I am very excited to see you all! I hope that you had fun and are re-charged and ready for the new year!
Prep Week Schedule:
- You officially return to work on Tuesday, July 17th. We will begin the day with an optional continental breakfast (7:30-8:30 lounge). The day is yours to get prepared for the new school year.
- We will all meet on Wednesday, July 18th at 8:00 at Mendoza for the District Kick Off. 3rd, 4th and 5th grade teachers (who did not attend during summer academy) will meet from 1:00-2:30 in room 23 for Basic Math Facts (PD provided by the L&I TOSA’s). All others are free to set up your classroom, collaborate etc.
- We will meet from 8:00-2:30 on Thursday, July 19th in room 23. Lunch will be provided.
- You will have Friday, July 20th free to finalize planning for the new school year.
Summer Book Club:
Summer Book Club will meet on Monday, July 16 from 8:30-9:30. We will be discussing Kids First from Day One.
All are welcome to join us at our summer Shared Leadership on Monday, July 16 from 9:30-11:30 with a break for lunch on your own from 11:30-12:30 and then continue from 12:30-2:30. Attendees will be compensated four hours out of contract time. Agenda items include the following: Awards, Duties, Comprehensive School-wide Discipline Plan, School Brand, Modernization, other Site Shared Leadership Presentation Link
Teachers College Units Sequence:
See below for the Teacher’s College sequence for the 2018-19 school year!
Here is the sequence of units for Reading and Writing.
The new classroom library books have arrived! In your classroom, you will find the books (still in boxes), bins and a packing list. Unfortunately, the District team was not able to accomplish as much as they expected. You will need to remove the books from the boxes, place them in the provided blue plastic bins, affix a leveled label to the back of the book and label the bin (bin labels and leveled book labels located in the TCRWP Classroom Libraries Tools and Resources Kit which can be found in the cardboard box labeled “Resource Kit Enclosed”).
To support your efforts, we will take some time during our prep time together to work on your libraries and I will provide an optional four hours of out of contract time to you to support this work. You may come in now and get started or work before or after contract hours anytime through July 27th. Time sheets must be submitted by Friday, July 27th.
- Find the TCRWP Classroom Libraries Tools and Resources Box (found in the box labeled “Resource Kit Enclosed”
- Find your Book Bin Label Cards packet and Book Level Labels packet (located in the TCRWP Classroom Libraries Tools and Resources Box)
- Register your Classroom Library Kit
- After you register your kit, you may print additional labels
- The books with the yellow/green label are the grade level shelves and the books with the pink stickers are the below grade level shelves
In order to ensure that we are SBUSD/ Williams Act compliant, we will need to make sure that our libraries meet a few key requirements:
- The new books must be placed in the provided bins.
- The new books should not be mixed in with your existing libraries.
- Students must have a book baggie/box which include some at grade level texts as well as texts at their reading level/band.
Quote of the Week:
A lot of quotes…..