We DO NOT meet as a staff this week. You may want to use this time to begin cleaning out your classroom or to work on your report cards.
Summer Learning Academy:
Summer Learning Academy brochure The schedule is subject to change.
Here’s the link to RSVP. Hope to see you there.
Fountas and Pinnell Data Entered:
Thank you for assessing your students and entering the data on time. I appreciate your hard work!!
Summer Clean Up/Clean Out- prep for libraries and modernization:
After school dismisses, this summer, Dr. McNamara will walk every classroom in the South Bay Union School District.
- If you have old tech, furniture or large items that you no longer want, are broken/damaged or unusable please email me and label items discard that you no longer want (if they are large or tech);
- If there are materials and resources in your classroom that are very out of date (no longer board approved, not a current resource or used for instruction in the last two-three years) please email me and label items discard (if you need boxes please let Eunice or Carlos know);
- If you have items that need to be shredded, please put them in a box and label them please email me and label items SHRED;
- If you would like to store instructional materials in a site storage location, please email me and label the box with your name and the contents (example-math manipulatives).
- If you need access to a large trash bin, please let Carlos know when and where.
End of Year Checklist for Summer Custodian Deep Clean Prep:
Student desks cleaned on top and inside out (marks, stickers, tape, and trash removed). Teacher’s desk cleared off. Student chairs stacked by 5 and placed to the side of the room. Whiteboards cleaned (remove all writing). Closets, cupboards, and windows cleaned (marks, tape, posters, signs, etc.). Walls and windows cleared of paper. All tops of cabinets clear (NO boxes). Unwanted items – stack by door inside classroom – label “DISCARD”. Place all trash in the trash can. Carpets picked up (including staples). Remove all books/toys/blocks from top of bookcases. Personal valuables removed. Clear all tables, also remove all boxes/etc. from under desks and tables so that the carpet/floor can be cleaned. If there are repairs needed in your room, please place a work order in Opra.
We will be working with the Warehouse to dispose of our purged items. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance.
All are welcome to join us at our summer Shared Leadership on Monday, July 16 from 9:30-11:30 with a break for lunch on your own from 11:30-12:30 and then continue from 12:30-2:30. Attendees will be compensated four hours out of contract time. Agenda items include the following: Awards, Duties, Comprehensive School-wide Discipline Plan, School Brand, Modernization, other
Summer Book Club:
Summer Book Club will meet on Monday, July 16 from 8:30-9:30. We will be discussing Kids First from Day One. A copy was placed in each of your mail boxes.
Professional Development/Teacher Prep Week:
You return to work on Tuesday, July 17th. We will begin the day with an optional continental breakfast. The day is yours to get prepared for the new school year. We will meet on Wednesday, July 18th at 8:00 at Mendoza for the District Kick Off. Following the Kick Off, you will be free to get lunch, set up your classroom etc. We will meet from 1:00-2:30 on July 18th for Nuts and Bolts. We will meet all day on Thursday, July 19th where lunch will be provided. You will have Friday, July 20th free to finalize planning for the new school year.
Apex Fun Run Survey:
Please click here to provide feedback about the Apex Fun Run/Leadership Activities/Fundraiser.
Water for Field Days:
The PTA purchase bottle water for the students to have on Field Day next week. Please contact Teresa to make arrangements. It would be best to help your students label the bottles with their name.
The report card window is open. Here are a few reminders: