We do NOT meet as a staff. Please use this time to enter your Fountas and Pinnell data, work on report cards or any other activities which will benefit your team.
“Fountas and Pinnell will determine reading level of all students in order to support independent reading at their level and provide appropriate instruction to progress. In Illuminate, report Instructional Level (shows what students are working on) andIndependent level, and collect information on accuracy, fluency, comprehension, and genre on Instructional Level. It is ideal to test to Hard in order to ensure students are not actually reading at a higher level. Use of the WORD LIST is not considered a level, and is used to determine a starting point for students without prior scores.
· First round completed by September 1
· TK/K teachers to complete first round by November 3
· Second round completed by February 2 (all grades)
· Third round completed by May 25 (all grades)
Fountas and Pinnell suggest to start with student choice of genre for each assessment session. Alternate fiction/non-fiction within the session. Next round, allow for student choice again and alternate.
Friday, May 25 Run the course
Summer Learning Academy:
When: Wednesday, June 6th and Thursday, June 7th
Where: Ed Center (601 Elm Ave Imperial Beach 91932)
What: Professional Learning Conference-Style, based on your feedback and interests.
- Slightly shorter sessions, with some built in time to chat with colleagues about what you learned and how you will implement.
- Sessions for parents and students on June 6th
- How to support literacy, math, technology, and movement over the summer
Meet in Burress
Give and Get Session- share what you’ve learned with colleagues, and learn something new from your colleagues
Give and Get Session
Meet in Burress for Evaluation and Opportunity Drawing
Year End Reminders:
Quote of the week: