Hope you enjoy relaxing and fun weekends! Your hard work planning and preparing for your students each day was evident when I visited your classrooms this week. Thanks for working so hard for our students!
We DO NOT meet as a staff this week.
Book Club has a planning meeting this Wednesday, Aug 9th from 1:45-2:00 in room 23. Bring your Writing Pathways book and your Guide to the Writing Workshop book.
Back to School Night August 9:
Below you will find our schedule for Back to School Night for teachers of students in grades 1-6. You should prepare a 20-25 minute presentation which you will provide two different times to allow families to visit multiple classrooms.
Possible topics to cover with families:
- Information about what children will learn in your classroom this year
- Strategies for home/school communication
- Importance of School Attendance
- Box tops for Education
- Schedule Sept. teacher conferences
5:15 PTA Meeting (Cafeteria)
5:30 Principal Welcome (Cafeteria)
5:45 Classroom Session 1 (25 minutes)
*******5:45 6th Grade Camp Meeting (Cafeteria)
6:15 (Classroom Session 2 (25 minutes)
We kick off our first character trait this Monday at flag salute. The Soaring to Success Assembly for Responsibility is Sept. 15th . We will continue to use Connect with Kids this year to support this work. See directions below to access the video. See Lindsay with questions.
The video is available on the connect with kids website (http://sbusd.connectwithkids.com/). The video can be reached by going to Student Resources-> Elementary->Character/Life Skills. Lesson plans to use/modify are right below the video and the K-2 lesson plans are available on the previous page. If you have not logged into connect with kids before, or you are not sure about logging in, please take a moment to do so. Go to the website and select Sign Up. Create your own username and password. The SBUSD organization code is: 601ELM.
- Please remember that the District-wide “CyberSmarts Week,” with its digital safety and digital literacy awareness focus for all students, is scheduled to be celebrated by all teachers in District schools and classrooms during the week of August 21-25, 2017. Please take some time to review your grade level content at the posted CyberSmarts agenda website at http://tinyurl.com/becybersmart for your classroom instructional planning.
Bikes for Kids:
I encourage you to look for a deserving child in your classroom to nominate for the Salvation Army Bikes for Kids program. Please see the email I sent with specific details. Let me know if you have any questions.
Quote of the Week: