Happy First day!! You are an amazing team of educators and will make a difference today and this year in the lives of children! I am so proud to be the principal of our school!
All hands on deck at dismissal for the first week of school. Thanks in advance for your hard work keeping our students safe!!
For morning supervisors, grades 1 and 2 will monitor the outside tables, grades 3 and 4 will monitor the blacktop and grades 5 and 6 will monitor the walkers on the field.
PBS Playground and Expectations Schedule:
Please see the two emails that Lindsay sent on Thursday for the presentations and detailed PBS lesson schedule.
Attendance and rosters:
Please take attendance online, as usual, BY 9:00 A.M. but we will also come to your classroom to do an official headcount within the first 30-45 minutes of the day. We will do this for the first 3 days of school and then begin to drop “no shows”.
First day packets:
Please pass these out today! If someone new shows up today that is not on the roster you received in your mail box (this weekend/Monday morning), they should already have received a packet at the office. If you have someone on your roster for whom you don’t have a packet, come to the office and get one for them.
6th Graders helping T/Kinders:
Thank you to our 6th grade teachers who are willing to offer the services of their students during TK/Kinder lunch. Assignments: Molina/Leon, Valdivia/Shultz, Major/Martinez.
Teachers please walk students to the tk/kinder rooms at 11:05 a.m. each day this week.
Student Expectations Schedule:
- Visit TK/K classrooms Tuesday 12:30-2:00
- Visit 6th grade classrooms Thursday 8:30-9:30
- Visit 5th grade classrooms Wednesday 8:30-9:30
- Grades 1-2
- Friday 1:05-1:25
- Grades 3-4
- Friday 1:35-2:00
- Grades 1-2
Blue Slips/Prize Wagon:
Please use blue slips to reinforce appropriate classroom, playground and school-wide behaviors.
Technology bytes from Jen Oliveira:
- Classflow– You might have received a message that ActiveInspire is no longer being supported. Classflow and Classflow Desktop will take its place.
- Lightning Grader (Illuminate)- If you have created assessments in Illuminate and use bubble answer sheets to score the assessments, Illuminate now uses a tool called Lightning Grader, which will be best accessed through your laptop webcam NOT through your document camera. You can read more here.
- Thrively– Don’t forget about Thrively! Classrooms interested in adding something like Genius Hour, or 20% Projects, 3-8th graders can use Thrively to determine strengths and interests of your students.
- ST Math– Students will use the SAME password for ST Math. Chances are, they’ve forgotten their password and will need to go through password training again. Click here to get the helper document to get started with ST Math.
- Please remember that the District-wide “CyberSmarts Week,” with its digital safety and digital literacy awareness focus for all students, is scheduled to be celebrated by all teachers in District schools and classrooms during the week of August 21-25, 2017. Please take some time to review your grade level content at the posted CyberSmarts agenda website at http://tinyurl.com/becybersmart for your classroom instructional planning.
- Sweetwater EdCamps–
Self contained ELD must start in your classroom by the second week of school. Teresa does have enough SELD kits for us all. Please see her to pick up your kit. Click here to view the SBUSD ELD Pacing Guide for the year.
Update Voice Mail by July 24- see email from Jenn for instructions
Daily Schedule Due to Eunice by Wednesday, July 26
Grade Level Team R/W Units Calendar to Eunice by Wednesday, July 26
Stipend/Release Form Due to Human Resources by Friday, August 11
Stipended Positions Application due to Jenn by Tuesday, July 25
If you are interested in IXL interest email Jenn by July 31
R/W Sequence Link:
Thanks for your participation in PD this week. Below is the link to the SBUSD Sequence.
Back to School Night August 9:
5:15 PTA Meeting
5:30 Principal Welcome
5:45 Classroom Session 1 (25 minutes)
6:15 (Classroom Session 2 (25 minutes)
Links to NGSS Resources:
Quote of the Week: