Ahh, last blog post of 2016. Enjoy this week with your students and then have a fantastic and relaxing vacation with your friends and family!
We will have our second lockdown drill on Monday, Dec 12 at 1:10 p.m. The drill will begin with me announcing that we are in a lockdown situation. Please follow the protocols which were sent via email. You can resume normal activity after one of us has unlocked your door and cleared your classroom. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Shared Leadership Meeting:
Our next Shared Leadership Meeting is Tuesday, December 13th at 2:45 in room 23
- School Library Use
- Reader’s and Writer’s Workshop
- Teacher Daily Schedule
- Student Discipline
- School Brand- what makes us great
The goal for students that have an Imagine Learning license is that they use the program for 80-100 minutes per week. Students attending before and after school consistently should meet their goal. If you would like to see the usage data for your students, please follow these steps:
- Log into imaginelearning.com (If you have not set up your password, enter your email and click on forgot my password to reset your password)
- From the menu on the left, select Usage
- Click on Groups and select your grade level group
- Scroll down and you will be able to see how many minutes the students have spent on Imagine Learning for the week
I will continue to help and answer questions during PLC meetings this week, as needed.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU LEAVE ON BREAK
- PLEASE SIGN-IN FOR YOUR ABSENCES BEFORE YOU LEAVE AND COMPLETE IVISIONS (IF NECESSARY).
- ALL TEACHERS PLEASE SIGN YOUR WEEKLY ATTENDANCE REPORT IN THE STAFF LOUNGE ON MONDAY, JANUARY 9TH (IT MUST BE DATED 1/9/17)
WHEN YOU RETURN FROM BREAK.
- THE EMORY OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED DURING THE BREAK!
- PLEASE REMOVE ALL ITEMS FROM THE LOUNGE REFRIGERATOR OR THEY WILL BE THROWN AWAY. THE REFRIGERATOR WILL BE CLEANED-OUT DURING THE BREAK. ALSO, UNPLUG ANY PERSONAL REFRIGERATORS AND APPLIANCES.
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR COUNTERTOPS CLEANED PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL ITEMS ARE REMOVED. CARLOS AND ALEX WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SHAMPOO EVERY CLASSROOM THEY WILL SPOT SHAMPOO THE CLASSROOMS. MAKE SURE THE DESKS ARE CLEARED. THEY ONLY HAVE 5 DAYS TO CLEAN THE ENTIRE SCHOOL, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CLASSROOMS ARE LEFT WITHOUT ITEMS ON THE FLOOR.
Be sure staff with laptops either take them home or lock in a secure location on campus
- Secure equipment on carts such as netbooks, laptops, TVs, etc. in a locked area
- Be sure to shutdown computers, printers, scanners, document cameras, etc.
- Be sure to turn off PROMETHEAN PROJECTORS over the break. Leaving the projectors on for an extended period of time will shorten the life.
- Please submit technology work orders before you leave on break.
- STAFF/STUDENTS RETURN ON MONDAY, JANUARY 9, 2017 – MINIMUM DAY
Hour of Code:
Thank you for having your students participate in Hour of Code! It is a great opportunity to expose them to a potential career and develop critical thinking skills. Thank you for supporting each other-Emory teachers are amazing.
Quote of the Week: